Private Label Service: How to get in Touch with the Canadian Manufacturers Offering a Private Label Service?
How to get in touch with the Canadian manufacturers offering a top-level Private Label service?
More and more fashion companies, designers, retail chains and large shops want to have their products through a Private Label service. This basically means that your products manufactured in Canada will come with your own label and, if you wish, with the sought-after “Made in Canada” mark too.
Most Canadian factories offer Private Label, but some of them don’t. Just ask for this when contacting them directly or sending a request to Calgary Design & Cutting Services for submission to multiple Canadian companies. Please describe your Private Label project with as much information as possible: this is definitely important in order to get the better feedback from the companies.
You can take advantage of two main Private Label scenarios:
- you select existing models from the current collections of the manufacturer and want them customized with your own label
- you provide your custom designs and the manufacturer will produce them after the information you provide (many companies can even add a complimentary style and technical advice)
Please consider the following points when thinking to your Private Label:
- In case of scenario 2, please keep in mind that it requires a reasonable budget (usually not less than several thousands of Canadian dollar at the very least) and medium-long times. Low budgets have NO chance to match such a kind of Private Label service.
- In case of scenario 2., clear and detailed sketches, drawings and technical data must be provided to the Canadian company. The more information you provide the better the understanding of the company about what you want to get. This will turn into a more accurate quote of sampling, delivery times and costs, avoiding losses of time and money.
- Samples and molds are usually charged at cost and are extra to the Private Label production.
- You should supply an approximate idea about the total quantity of items you want to have manufactured with your brand. If possible, please split such a figure in individual models, colors, and sizes.
- Minimum quantities are always required for Private Label production. The goods news is that minimums required by the Canadian companies are usually pretty low and really reasonable. Lower minimum quantities are often possible, but costs will be higher. If you want to have products from the manufacturer’s current collections, yet customized with your own brand, minimums can be lower.
- The Canadians factory (http://calgarydesigns.ca/) can provide custom packaging too. If you have your own designs for packaging you could send them to the company, trying to be as much specific as possible about your requirements. This will allow our factories to deliver an accurate quote. Alternatively, the company can also offer standard packaging customized with your brand.
- Payments for Private Label service and production are usually as follows: 30% upfront at order approval, 70% right before shipping. Payment accepted by the companies are usually bank transfer or credit card.
- Shipping is always charged at cost for samples or production. If you have a favorite shipping company you can use it.
Kem’s Fashion Team